Add the Slack integration to improve communication with your team about changes and updates in Abstract.
The Slack integration is available with Business and Enterprise subscriptions. Abstract is available in the Slack app directory.
✳️First thing's first: You'll need to add the Abstract integration to your organization.
- Open Abstract app or visit your organization dashboard on web
- Select the ⚙️ gear icon next to the invite button for your team
- Go to Integrations > Slack > Connect
- You'll be prompted to choose an organization and sign-in to add the integration.
- When you're done, jump back to the Integrations page (Integrations > Slack > General)
- Select the Default Slack Channel from the drop-down menu
- Click Save Changes in the upper right corner
Using the Abstract bot for specific project updates
Once you have added the integration to your Slack team, you can manage settings for updates about specific projects in your organization.
- Go to Organization Settings > Integrations > Slack > Project Channels
- Click Add Project Channel
Now, you'll receive specific updates about a project in Slack.
By default, we turn off Slack notifications for private projects. You can toggle them on and off again in the Project Channels.
Add the Abstract bot to a private Slack channel
You can add the Abstract bot to any private channel, just as you would add another teammate to the private channel.
Slack has a great article on inviting team members to a channel.